St Vincent’s Hospital Sydney’s Rankin Court Treatment Centre (RCTC) operates as a specialised unit providing treatment for opiate dependence.
Rankin Court assists people with opiate dependencies to improve their health and social wellbeing by reducing and/or eliminating their use. We achieve this by providing treatment, developing relationships, building trust and providing health information.
The Centre offers community-based programs which give people the freedom to be productive and socially engaged in their lives.
We provide an environment that is supportive, where a positive worker/client relationship can be developed and where people are encouraged to achieve healthy lifestyles.
Our services to the community include:
- Assessment for opiate dependence
- Assistance with other drug and alcohol problems
- Commencement and stabilisation on medications for opiate dependence
- Daily supervised dosing of Methadone (Biodone®) or Buprenorphine-naloxone film (Suboxone Film ®). The hours of dosing are: Mon to Sun and Public Holidays 8 am to 1 pm.
- Assessment, referral and care coordination
- Crisis support and intervention
- Physical, mental and emotional health education and promotion
- HIV awareness information and education
- Referrals and ongoing consultations with specialised agencies and support services
- Mental health care and support
- Hepatitis C clinic
- Supervised reduction of opiate medications
- Helping people move to community pharmacy dosing and private prescribers;
- Encouragement to develop relationships with General Practitioners.
Alcohol & Drug Information Service (ADIS) 24 hour telephone service
Sydney metropolitan Phone: 02 9361 8000
Regional and rural NSW Freecall* Phone:1800 422 599
* Please note- Freecall numbers are not free from mobile phones, except Telstra mobiles
Address: Level 2, The O’Brien Centre Corner of Burton and Victoria Streets, Darlinghurst. 2010
Contact hours: Monday to Friday 8 am to 4 pm
Phone: 02 9361 8030 (if urgent help is needed contact the 24 hour ADIS line (see below).
Phone Service Hours: Monday to Friday 8.00 am to 4.00 pm
24hrs Phone: 02 9361 8030