At St Vincent’s Hospital (SVH) Sydney, our psychologists work within an evidence-based, client-centred framework to enhance the emotional and psychological health outcomes of patients. We provide psychological information, assessment, formulation, treatment and prevention as individual practitioners as well as part of multidisciplinary teams.
The SVH Psychology Department includes over 40 clinical psychologists, clinical neuropsychologists and psychologists, as well as intern psychologists working across various units and services on the St Vincent's Campus.
- Outpatient Clinics
- Inpatient / Ward
- Home visits (in the St Vincent’s catchment area)
- Dialectical Behaviour Therapy (DBT): 15-week DBT Skills Group for patients experiencing strong emotion dysregulation, run by the Consultation Liaison Psychiatry Service. You can access the referral form, here
- Reboot Chronic Pain Program: Face to face, CBT-based pain management program.
- Club Bright: Skills building/relapse prevention for anxiety and depression in older adults.
- Club Connect: Cognitive remediation strategies for older adults with mild cognitive impairment.
Online / Telephone Treatment
- This Way Up: Online courses using Cognitive Behaviour Therapy (CBT) to treat anxiety and depression.
- Reboot Online: Automated, clinician-guided pain management program.
- Alcohol & Drug Information Service (ADIS): 02 9361 8000.
- Clinical Research Unit for Anxiety and Depression (CRUfAD)
- Research Unit for Schizophrenia Epidemiology (RUSE)
Referral Process and Eligibility Criteria
The referral process and eligibility criteria vary for each service within the department. Please contact each service directly to discuss details.
Looking for a career in Psychology?
Click here to hear St Vincent's Hospital Clinical Psychologist, Melissa Levi, talk about what it's like to train and work as a psychologist.
For more information regarding the psychology services of St Vincent’s Hospital, please contact our principal psychologist, David Manchester at David.Manchester@svha.org.au