St Vincent’s Hospital Sydney is recognised as a leader in the provision of cardiac services, including cardiac transplantation. The Cardiology Department and its cardiologists provide a full suite of non-invasive and invasive cardiac diagnostic and treatment services, including:
- Holter and event monitoring
- Ambulatory blood pressure monitoring
- Echocardiography - transthoracic, transoesophageal and stress echocardiography and 3D imaging
- Cardiac nuclear medicine imaging
- CT coronary angiography (CTCA)
- Cardiac Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI)
- Cardiac catheterisation and coronary angiography
- Percutaneous coronary interventions and stenting
- Structural heart disease interventions, including percutaneous aortic and mitral valve replacement, closure of atrial septal defect and patent foramen ovale, balloon mitral valvuloplasty and closure of the left atrial appendage
- Cardiac electrophysiology (EP) services, including diagnostic EP, pacemaker and automatic implantable cardioverter defibrillator (AICD) insertion, cardiac resynchronisation therapy (CRT) and ablation of arrhythmias, including atrial fibrillation
- Advanced heart failure management, including cardiac transplantation and mechanical circulatory support
- Pulmonary hypertension management
Many of our cardiologists hold academic appointments at the Universities of New South Wales and Notre Dame, and play active research roles in the Victor Chang Cardiac Research Institute.
St Vincent's Heart Health website
For more information on cardiology visit the St Vincent's Heart Health website.